Under Service Contracts, University researchers perform specific, often routine tasks to test, evaluate or analyze materials supplied by the sponsor, but do not generally provide any analysis of the data generated by performing these tasks.
- Solely for testing, evaluation or analysis of materials or compounds owned by the Sponsor with no intellectual input or value-added by UBC
- Sponsor retains all rights to intellectual property provided by the Sponsor for the services
- UBC/Affiliated Hospital will not carry out routine analyses, testing, or product evaluation in competition with private industry or contract research agencies
- UBC/Affiliated Hospital will protect confidential information clearly defined and provided by the Sponsor
Parties to the Agreement: UBC/Affiliated Hospital and Sponsor
- The University will not carry out routine analyses, testing, or product evaluation in competition with local private industry or contract research agencies.
- Company access to facilities and services is subject to availability. Priority access to facilities and services is provided to members of the academic community.
- Student participation in fee-for-service arrangements must not delay or interfere with the academic studies or progression.
- Additional restrictions may apply where University access to 3rd party data, tools, or software is restricted to academic use only.
- Some Fee-for-Service arrangements may give rise to Conflict-of-Commitment or Conflict-of-Interest situations which require approval and management prior to the commencement of the consulting project.
- Proposal and budget (which we will attach as a schedule to the Service Contract)
- Research Project Information Form (Questionnaire)
**This fillable PDF form is designed to be completed using Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader only.** The free Adobe Reader can be downloaded here.