A Grant-in-Aid is essentially a donation to one or more researchers, normally to conduct research in an area that is of mutual interest to both the donor and the researcher(s).
These grants are normally in the form of a one page letter addressed to a researcher and signed by the donor, and accompanied by the grant funds.
- Sponsor supports research activities of an individual researcher or group of researchers. Sponsor does not restrict use of funds
- Funds are paid in advance
- No invoicing or financial statements are required by Sponsor
- UBC retains all rights to inventions and other intellectual property
- UBC is free to publish results
- UBC provides the Sponsor with a final report only
- Parties to the Agreement: UBC and Sponsor (may include UBC Affiliated Hospitals)
Required documents before agreement can be drafted:
- Grant Amount- A proposal and budget (which we will attach as a Schedule to the Grant) are optional
- Research Project Information Form (Questionnaire)
**This fillable PDF form is designed to be completed using Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader only.** The free Adobe Reader can be downloaded here.
For Mac users: The default program opening PDF files on a Mac is Preview. We strongly recommended NOT using Preview to complete the form. While Preview will allow you to enter text and print the form, it will not allow you to add a digital ID or scanned signature, and may not preserve data you have enterred into the form when saving. To complete and save the form properly, please use Adobe Acrobat or the free Adobe Reader. Other browser plug-in viewers may not render the form correctly. Guidance notes are available, and are visible within the form when viewed with Adobe Reader.
Sample template agreements:
Contact: Harmony Ho 604-822-0892