A Grant-in-Aid is essentially a donation to one or more researchers, normally to conduct research in an area that is of mutual interest to both the donor and the researcher(s).
These grants are normally in the form of a one page letter addressed to a researcher and signed by the donor, and accompanied by the grant funds.
- Sponsor supports research activities of an individual researcher or group of researchers. Sponsor does not restrict use of funds
- Funds are paid in advance
- No invoicing or financial statements are required by Sponsor
- UBC retains all rights to inventions and other intellectual property
- UBC is free to publish results
- UBC provides the Sponsor with a final report only
- Parties to the Agreement: UBC and Sponsor (may include UBC Affiliated Hospitals)
Required documents before agreement can be drafted:
- Grant Amount- A proposal and budget (which we will attach as a Schedule to the Grant) are optional
- Research Project Information Form (Questionnaire)
**This fillable PDF form is designed to be completed using Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader only.** The free Adobe Reader can be downloaded here.
Sample template agreements:
Contact: Matthew Murray 604-822-0892